At Carbonfree Chemicals, our patented carbon capture conversion technology removes the CO2 from industrial waste streams and produces profitable by-products saleable to many different industries, such as sodium bi-carbonate (baking soda), hydrochloric acid (HCl) and bleach. This is currently being put into practice in the very first plant of its kind located in San Antonio, TX. You can make a bigger impact on the world around you by joining this fast-growing, dynamic start-up.
Carbonfree Chemicals has an immediate opening for a Shift Supervisor for its’ innovative Carbon Capture facility located in San Antonio. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant during the scheduled shift. The Shift Supervisor is to be fully qualified and trained to perform control room and roving operation functions. All shift operators report to the Shift Supervisor and the Shift Supervisors will perform their activities under the direction of the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the safe, efficient, and environmentally compliant operation of the plant.
- Directs, supervises and trains Operators including coaching, performance evaluation and reviews, documentation and disciplining.
- Utilize system for reporting near misses, accidents, spills or releases for correcting deficiencies or learning opportunities for others.
- Maintains plant operating files and records while monitoring and controlling plant operation via the facilities control and monitoring devices.
- Leads shift to maintain housekeeping within the facility with focus on quarterly assigned area to correct findings of others assigned to inspect areas monthly, update actions assigned to operations group as completed.
- Is responsible for understanding critical trending parameters such as temperature, pressure and flow. Is competent in identifying long term variances, identifying possible causes, and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Provide leadership to develop and promote best practices related to work area.
- Works as a team member to reach plant efficiency.
- Is up to date with maintenance requirements and is aware of the planned and ongoing maintenance work activities and is responsible for the impact on the operation.
- Prepare weekly payroll, operations personnel schedules, vacation approval & schedule, shift swaps
- Maintain communications with other supervisors to ensure consistent operation of facilities and personnel performance and expectations.
- Additional tasks as required/assigned
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Four years’ experience in chemical plant operations environment.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of PC computers including DCS (Delta V a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications
- Working knowledge of plant optimization and EHS requirements.
- High degree of knowledge in chemical plant technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- 12 hour rotating shifts – DuPont schedule.