At Carbonfree Chemicals, our patented carbon capture conversion technology removes the CO2 from industrial waste streams and produces profitable by-products saleable to many different industries, such as sodium bi-carbonate (baking soda), hydrochloric acid (HCl) and bleach. This is currently being put into practice in the very first plant of its kind located in San Antonio, TX. You can make a bigger impact on the world around you by joining this fast-growing, dynamic company.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical support for production and reliability of the Chlor-Alkali (Chlorine and Caustic) operating unit.
- Identifies and implements process improvements to improve throughput, quality, and efficiency.
- Leads studies to identify constraints and eliminate bottlenecks in various operating equipment.
- Assists with plant communications by preparing daily notes and reports.
- Manages small plant projects as directed from design stage through start up to increase production capacity, improve product quality, improve product yield and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Participate in any opportunity to enhance safety, upgrade environmental safeguards, and provide for the overall optimization of process operation.
- Applies engineering skills to troubleshoot process failures, equipment failures, and quality issues and propose solutions.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing & operations environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and environmental protection, including considerations in engineering design, recommendations, and operability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, and ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and in the time required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with management, technical and field personnel, and third parties
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Experience in chlor-alkali industry with preference on membrane cell technology
- Experience with caustic evaporation, bleach and hydrochloric acid processes