At Carbonfree Chemicals, our patented carbon capture conversion technology removes the CO2 from industrial waste streams and produces profitable by-products saleable to many different industries, such as sodium bi-carbonate (baking soda), hydrochloric acid (HCl) and bleach. This is currently being put into practice in the very first plant of its kind located in San Antonio, TX. You can make a bigger impact on the world around you by joining this fast-growing, dynamic company.
Carbonfree Chemicals has an immediate opening for a Process Control Engineer for its’ innovative Carbon Capture facility located in San Antonio. The Process Control Engineer will be responsible for providing controls system support for the Delta V DCS for Plant Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Process Control Engineer within a petrochemical, chemical or industrial plant
- An in-depth understanding of process design principles and a working knowledge of the design and maintenance of all types of process equipment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to act independently
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate to all levels of employees and contractors
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing & operations environment OR
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a minimum 2 years research or operations experience in crystallization technologies
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and environmental protection, including considerations in engineering design, recommendations, and operability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to perform under pressure and work multiple projects concurrently
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, and ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and in the time required
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with management, technical and field personnel, and third parties
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Working knowledge of Communication Protocols like HART, Modbus TCP-IP , RTU etc
- Experience with Delta V DCS
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC (Compact/Control Logix) ,Panel View, RSView32, RS-link