At Carbonfree Chemicals, our patented carbon capture conversion technology removes the CO2 from industrial waste streams and produces profitable by-products saleable to many different industries, such as sodium bi-carbonate (baking soda), hydrochloric acid (HCl) and bleach. This is currently being put into practice in the very first plant of its kind located in San Antonio, TX. You can make a bigger impact on the world around you by joining this fast-growing, dynamic company.
As part of a team, the Scale House Operator will provide a variety of customer service duties by interacting, servicing, and consulting with face-to-face customers as well as via telephone and email. Operator is responsible to monitor all inbound and outbound traffic and operate all scale house operator functions in a fast pace chemical plant environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Take live weights of all inbound and outbound drivers
- Operate the scale system, taking ownership of all BOL paperwork, communicating with transportation drivers and management
- Maintain accuracy of data in the scale program, which includes transportation, processing, billing and reports
- Maintain accurate overall record keeping for reporting and analysis
- Use of telephone and/or radio communications with plant operators and/or office personnel
- Must have a strong customer service orientation coupled with interpersonal skills which demonstrate a strong concern for satisfying the customer
- Must have good oral and written English communication skills
- Must have good listening skills and ability to elicit information
- Must be flexible and have ability to handle multiple tasks
- Computer Skills and ability to operate a Microsoft suite
- Ability to learn and correctly interpret and apply policies and procedures
- Must follow safe work practices and adhere to safety rules
- Maintain good housekeeping to avoid debris on or around scales and guard shack
- Comply with all company policies/procedures
- Foster a safe work environment
- Execute other duties as assigned by management
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to site.
- Monitor and control traffic in and out of site.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities.
- Ability to work nights and on call on weekends. Monday – Friday 4pm-12am
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision are also required.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Maximum of one-year experience as a Scale Operator and/or Customer Service Representative.